Thursday, March 18, 2010

Down and Dirty - Sandra Hill

The thing is, I love vikings. Look here's some vikings now... what's not to like??


I also love time-travel. And romance books. And not only am I not ashamed, but I very strongly suspect a lot of people out there like any or all of these things too. So I cannot not do this reveiw. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't bring Down and Dirty to this blog. It's the fifth book by Sandra Hill that revolves around a family of vikings and a bunch of Navy SEALS. A very winning combination, as you can imagine.


This one was not my favourite of the series- that honour goes to the first one I read, though the third in this series Rough and Ready, because in that one the Navy SEALS (one of whom was already a time-travelling viking) accidently travel through a wormhole in time while on one of their missions and land in a viking women's sanctuary. HILARIOUS UNWASHED HIJINX ENSUE. Down and Dirty is pretty great too though, this time one of the warrior women from the sanctuary travels forward in time and becomes a Navy WHEAL (maybe it's too obvious if I tell you that that's the female equivalent of the SEAL) and finally gets it on with a SEAL hottie called Zach but known as Pretty Boy who was crushin on her back in the Norselands of her time. This should all be enough to convince you if you're ever going to be the sort to be convinced. They're really funny and the sex scenes aren't as stupid as a lot of romance books. Plus vikings and time-travel, there's something for everyone.

Here is the link to the author's website - she likes vikings too and I particularly like the way she names her books http://www.sandrahill.net/

***^/***** (3.5 stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment